System Reliability Engineer (SRE)
What are we looking for:
Research, propose and evaluate with a 5-year vision, the architecture, design, technologies, processes and profiles related to Telco Cloud.
Participate in the creation of a realistic technical-strategic roadmap of the network to transform it to Telco Cloud and be prepared for 5G.
Using your deep technical expertise, you will provide detailed feedback to Product Management and Engineering, as well as contribute directly to the platform code base to enhance both the Customer experience of the service, as well as the SRE quality of life.
The individual must be aware of trends in network infrastructure as well as within the network engineering and OSS community. What technologies are being developed or launched?
The individual should stay current with infrastructure trends in the telco network cloud domain. Be responsible for the Engineering of Lab and Production Telco Cloud environments, including patches, upgrades, and reliability and performance improvements.
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education and Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Software Engineering degree, MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Years of experiences as an SRE, DevOps, Development and/or Support related role
- 0-5 years of professional experience for a junior position
- At least 8 years of professional experience for a senior position
- Unix server administration and tuning : Linux / RedHat / CentOS / Ubuntu
- You have deep knowledge in Networking Layers 1-4
- Cloud / Virtualization (at least two): Helm, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, OpenShift, VMware vSphere / Tanzu
- You have in-depth knowledge of cloud storage solutions on top of AWS, GCP, Azure and/or on-prem private cloud, such as Ceph, CephFS, GlusterFS
- DevOps: Jenkins, Git, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Terraform
- Backend Knowledge Bash, Python, Go (other knowledge of Scripting Language is a plus).
- PaaS Level solutions such as Keycloak for IAM, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, DBaaS (such as MySQL, Cassandra)